Sunday, April 14, 2024

A can of Skoal, a beer or two and a month off life πŸ™ please.

Some days I wake ⏰️ up bright and full of light. Anticipation of the day ahead.  Then there are those days I open my eyes πŸ‘€ and wonder how the hell did I get here? Why am I the one that all too many lean on? It's at that point πŸ‘‰ I get to thinking πŸ€” can I have a month off? Go somewhere hidden turn off the cellphone the pager even my two way radio and just watch TV πŸ“š  read, and snooze. Needing g nothing besides a can of Skoal Wintergreen Fine cut a beer 🍺 or two and my Harley. 
About the only thing close to that and remember close only counts for horseshoes grenades and LPG's., is the trek to and back from Sturgis.  If you ride and you have never been to Sturgis the largest two and a half weeks of MC heaven then your just  bike hobbiest. Not  true deep down biker. The rumble of that V-twin against blacktop the wind in your face and a view you will never know from inside a car which is called a cage in biker terminology.  
With that said the other event at least those of us who grew πŸͺ½ wings is the Big AirShow in Wisconsin at about the time of Sturgis every year. Not as much of a big party as Sturgis is, but still one helluva bang nonetheless πŸ‘. Problem is that for about the last few years me going anywhere for just to blow off steam has just not happened.  Just this month. Was going to cruise down to Vegas to go to the NAB Convention there. That's where broadcasters get together and learn, and experienced SBE engineer types earn higher ratings amongst other things. As April approached thought I had that in the πŸŽ’ bag , but nope. The radio station came first, followed by getting my Container house, and the replacement of Turbine shafts on the Lady swallowed up resources. But for Easter I did escape
 Went up to Burley hobb knocked with the WolfPack and Knytes ate and felt better although it snowed so bad πŸ‘Ž that I Couldn't go anywhere to do much. Plus once again the fartknockers AT: U.S. BANK swallowed a bunch of money out of my account to where I had to drift
Back here to Evanston. 
Like I said before and will say again, some days you get the 🐻bear, and some days the bear gets you. Except the beR has biting my keeseter more than me popping the 🐻 bear. 
Hope things go a lot better in May.  And with everyone getting happy birthdays, did anyone remember that in a week and a half is my birthday  ?
patrick@ayrewolfaviation.com 
HCC